Thread: Harry's Pofile picture tutorial!

Lightbulb Harry's Pofile picture tutorial!

I was requested to make a tutorial so here we are!
    This tutorial is a walk through of my profile picture.
    This is not to recreate my profile picture but you should learn multiple things from this.
    This will be a 3-4 part tutorial this one will be the biggest so lets start!

First off I got a picture of google from the movie "Gatsby" I liked the background and the figure of Leonardo Dicaprio

Then I got a wolf picture of google again : D, I put the opacity to around 60% and started to re size the image so it would fit the head.

I grabbed the eraser tool, set the hardness to 0% and the size to 39px and erased the parts of the wolf I didn't need.

Then you hide the wolf layer by clicking the little eye next of the layer to the right, and I duplicated the layer by right clicking the layer and click duplicate layer.

Double click the duplicated layer (Be sure it is on top of the original layer) I called it R so I wouldn't get confused. You will get a window called layerstyle, you want to uncheck the Red checkbox.

The you select the move tool on top of the toolbox (Its the cursor with the little cross right under it), And press the left arrow or the right arrow button on your keyboard so the layer with only red gets moved just a little bit to the left/right (It doesn't really matter what side). Do it until it looks like this

Do the exact same with the wolf.

This was the first part off the tutorial, next we'll discuss the use of Color Correction!
    If you're trying this I would suggest try to get your own pictures of google and add additional things so it gets its own look! Happy designing and see you next time (;

Lol that was unexcpected, nice tut

haah good tut, ive done this for some clients without them knowing that it is soooo easy to do! haha (:
    Desperate times call for some desperate measures!
    Email: [email protected]

Great tutorial! Hopefully the next one will be just as good!

IT Security Professional with Over 6 years expereince