Thread: How to port forward, Easy and explained guide for teh noobs!

Question How to port forward, Easy and explained guide for teh noobs!

How to port forward

FIRST OFF I WANT TO SAY IF YOU HAVE 2 OR MORE ROUTERS/MODEMS, AND YOU'RE CONNECTED THROUGH BOTH. YOU WILL HAVE TO PORTFORWARD BOTH!
    First off we'll start off by launching the command prompt by pressing the WINDOWS KEY + R and type CMD and ENTER

You should get this window

Then you type IPCONFIG in the CMD and get this window(I hid my important details)

You want to look for "Default gateway.

Type that adress in your favorite browser (I Prefer chrome, but sometimes chrome does not display all settings, so if this doesnt work try some other browsers!)
    You should get a login screen something like this (IT WILL DEPEND WHAT ROUTER YOU HAVE)

The default username and password is usually ROOT:ADMIN or ADMIN:ADMIN, if it isnt search it on google, or ask your parents if they changed it.
    Now log in you will get a setting window. This can be really different so I am going to write out this bit without screenshots.

*TIPS*
    Always look for either "ADVANCED SETTINGS", "port forwarding" or just "forwarding", if you have the option advanced settings click it and then look for "port forwarding" or just "forwarding". Choose that then you usually get a window like this:

Now go back to the command promt and look for IPV4 Adress and fill it in at "local IP" (As you can see I have 2 ports forwarded already, don't worry about it)

If you want only 1 port forwarded just type 1 port 2 times in "start" and "end port"
    For this I will use the port for the SSH booter, you can buy ithttp://safeskyhacks.com/Forums/showthread.php?1576-SSH-Booter-v1-0&p=8826#post8826]HERE.
    Leave External IP blank, for protocol use "BOTH" and ofcourse enable it!

Hit apply and it should be done (if it still doesn't work try to restart your router.

Now you're done! You have finally port forwarded. Ofcourse dont forget :

IF YOU HAVE 2 OR MORE ROUTERS/MODEMS, AND YOU'RE CONNECTED THROUGH BOTH. YOU WILL HAVE TO PORTFORWARD BOTH!

The Best VPN!
    VVV Click Below VVV

SSH-Admin/Leader
    This is a nice tut harry, Im glad you used pictures

The Best VPN!
    VVV Click Below VVV